Do you have a sweet tooth? We’ve created the perfect recipe to satisfy your craving, without the guilt: Raw hazelnut energy truffles!
1 cup Bassé raw hazelnuts
2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Toast the Hazelnuts:
– Roast hazelnuts at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until browned and fragrant.
– Wrap the toasted hazelnuts in a clean dishtowel and use the towel to remove the loose skins (don’t worry about skins that don’t come off) and cool completely.
2. Grind the hazelnuts into a powder in a food processor.
3. Add the dates, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt to the food processor and process until the mixture is smooth and forms a large ball. (If your mixture doesn’t form a ball it is likely too dry. Add 1-2 teaspoons water to the mixture and process again until a ball forms).
4. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes, or until slightly hardened.
5. Measure out the dough using a tablespoon and roll into balls.
6. Balls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week, or in the freezer up to 2 months.