As wholesale snack distributors, it’s our job to stay on top of consumer trends and preferences. And overwhelmingly, we’re seeing a huge push toward packaged snack products that offer convenience without sacrificing on quality or health.
Of course, we’re not the only ones noticing this shift away from high-sugar, highly-processed snacks. Some of our biggest retail partners, including Walgreens, Marshalls, and Costco Wholesale, as well as other major supermarket and retailers, have increased their orders for wholesale healthy snacks. As our supply volume of packaged snack foods increases, we thought it would be a good time to look at the new products and new favorites that are having the most appeal with shoppers.
Without further ado: here are 10 snack products that are flying off of our retailers’ shelves.
- Bulk nuts. Whether it’s bulk almonds for sale or creative bulk nut mixes, consumers have gotten increasingly nutty about nuts. And it makes sense: nuts provide energy-boosting protein, plus healthy fats and fiber, and they’re great for on-the-go eating.
- Nut butters. Speaking of nuts, today’s consumers are also showing strong interest in innovative nut butters. This includes the standards, like cashew butter, almond butter, and classic peanut butter, as well as grown-up twists like Salted Caramel Cashew Butter and Praline Pecan Butter.
- Dried fruits. It can be hard to get enough fruit in your diet. As such, consumers are filling in the gaps with dried fruit—a tart, subtly sweet alternative that still offers big benefits in terms of fiber and antioxidants. Current favorites include dried figs, blueberries, apricots, and cranberries.
- Dragon fruit crisps. Dragon fruit lends itself especially well to dehydration, taking on a perfectly crunchy texture without losing the unique flavor that makes dragon fruit so delicious in the first place. Even better: dragon fruit crisps boast fiber and potassium, plus no added sugar.
- Edible seeds. Bulk seeds are growing in popularity, and not just because they make for Instagram-worthy smoothies and yogurt bowls. Consumers love the big nutrition that comes from bite-sized seeds, including protein, antioxidants, and heart-healthy unsaturated fats.
- Giant Inca corn. There’s something totally irresistible about Giant Inca corn, expertly roasted and salted. Aside from being the perfect movie theater treat, this product comes ready to eat right out of the bag and offers fiber and an added crunch to soups and salads.
- Dark chocolate covered almonds. Just because consumers are eating healthier doesn’t mean they don’t like the occasional splurge. And almonds, dipped in rich dark chocolate, are a favorite choice, especially as a party snack or post-dinner treat.
- Popcorn mixes. Popcorn has long served as a canvas for bold flavors and sweet surprises. Some of the most popular popcorn snack mixes right now combine this all-time favorite with pretzels, peanuts, and, of course, chocolate.
- Gluten-free snacks. Even consumers who don’t have a gluten intolerance enjoy the flavor and simplicity of gluten-free snacks. And they’re in luck: many bulk nuts, seeds, and nut butters are naturally gluten-free.
- Snack packs. There’s something to be said for perfectly portioned snack mixes that can be kept in the car or desk for when someone needs a quick snack. Our snack packs are a big seller, in particular, our nut and dried fruit mixes.
We are more than just nuts and dried fruit suppliers—we are your partners in smart snacks. Browse our website to see more snack options, and contact us today for information on how to bring today’s most popular snacks to your store.