Did you know that granola is one of the easiest pantry staple items to make at home? Bonnie, Bassé’s registered dietitian and product developer, created this peanut butter granola recipe to add crunch to your next breakfast bowl in a few simple steps. The best part is you can customize it with your favourite dried fruits, seeds and nuts. You can make a variety of batches featuring different combinations of ingredients including raisins, dried cranberries, figs, dates and more.
This versatile recipe can be sprinkled on top of smoothie bowls and yogurt parfaits or snack on it by the handful! Not only is it a delicious addition to your morning routine but it’s also a great way to save on costs compared to purchasing a bag of granola at the grocery store.
3 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or any nut butter you like)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
Dried Fruit (post cooking):
1 cup of your favorite dried fruit, chopped (cranberries, figs, dates, blueberries, etc)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325F.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dried ingredients and stir together until combined.
5. Spread the granola evenly on to an oven tray that has been lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden, stirring halfway through.
7. Once cooled, add dried fruit.
8. Granola will keep for about 1 month refrigerated in an air tight container.